WAM is a friendly informal canoe / kayak club based on the River Medway at Yalding in Kent.
We have members whose interests include playboating, freestyle, river running, creeking, slalom, touring and surf.
We run an active and wide ranging calendar throughout the year.
- Sunday paddling when members of WAM can be found at Yalding (the local playspot) on most Sundays from 10.00 throughout the year.
- Evening paddling throughout the summer and, with the addition of flood lighting, winter paddling sessions.
- Pool sessions, a nice safe warm environment to practise capsizing, rolling, playboating moves, amongst other things.
- Weekend trips away paddling all over the country.
- Canoe and Kayaking trips abroad.
- Social side, members also organise and participate in other activities such as biking, rock climbing.
The club was set up in 2003 by a handful of regular paddlers at Yalding. It has grown over the years and now boasts well over 60 members of all ages and abilities, sexes and backgrounds, so you will always find someone of a similar standard to paddle with.
Based in Kent, the majority of our paddling is done on theRiver Medway, the Legacy and Olympic courses at Lee Valley, the Thames, and surfing at various locations around the Kent and Devon coast.
Our regular river trips include the Dart, the Barle, the Legacy and Olympic courses, Holmepierre Pont, surfing in Devon and Cornwall, the Isle de la Serre man-made course near Lyon, and Slovenia.
The small heated changing room on site has kitchen and fridge facilities, together with an adjacent covered area for sitting in in bad weather. A ramp leads into the river for those wanting to be adventurous, while gentler steps at the far end of the site enable open canoes to launch more easily.
If you have a question that is not answered on the website, the easiest way to contact us is through the website or join us on Facebook. Alternatively, why not come down to Yalding one Sunday morning and meet us from around 10 on the water