WAM Members Code of Conduct
WhiteWater Action Medway (WAM) is a club run by paddlers for paddlers – the aim is for all paddlers and non paddlers to support improving performance and have fun.
It is the policy of WAM that all paddlers, volunteers, coaches and parents show respect and understanding for each other and conduct themselves in a way that reflects the principles of the Club.
• Take care of all property belonging to the club or club members
• Treat other Club members with respect at all times on and off the water.
• Treat other paddlers as you would want to be treated yourself
• Control tempers and avoid behavior which may inconvenience or upset others
• Co-operate and listen to your coach or Club officials
Club Officials, Coaches and Volunteers and Non-paddlers
• Consider the wellbeing and safety of paddlers before the development of performance.
• Develop an appropriate working relationship with paddlers, based on mutual trust and respect.
• Make sure all activities are appropriate to the age, ability and experience of those taking part.
• Display consistently high standards of behaviour and appearance.
• Follow BCU and Club guidelines and Policies.
• Encourage paddlers to value their performance and not just results.
• Never condone the use of prohibitive substances.
• Help your child to recognise good performance, not just results
• Never force your child to take part in sport
• Never punish or belittle a child for losing or making mistakes
• Publicly accept officials’ judgments
• Support your child’s involvement and help them to enjoy the sport
• Use correct and proper language at all times
• Set a good example by applauding good performances of all paddlers